- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon dried nettle
- 2 tablespoon aloe vera
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops sandalwood essential oil
- Glassor stainless steel spray bottle
- Bring the water to a boil, add nettle, and remove from the heat.
- Steep for 5-10 minutes and then strain the water. Discard the nettle.
- Pour the nettle water into the spray bottle using a funnel.
- Allow to cool and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
You can apply the serum to wet or dry hair. Apply as often as needed. Spray the serum all over the hair, starting with the roots and working your way down to the ends. Allow the serum to soak into the hair and then style hair like normal, no need to rinse out. You can also use the serum at night time before going to bed.
Deep conditioning coconut oil hair mask
These amounts can vary depending how long or thick your hair is.
- Melt the coconut oil until liquid. Add the honey to the melting coconut oil. If it’s cool in your home, you might try popping the honey in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up. Next add the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix the ingredients well. If it separates a little bit, that’s perfectly fine. Just give it a swirl or two as you apply it to make sure you are getting an even amount of each ingredient.
- The best way to apply the mask it use a hair colouring brush or a natural pastry brush. Section your hair into four equal parts, then part your hair in half inch sections. Apply the coconut oil hair mask starting at the roots and move up to the tips of your hair. Once you get a section done, massage your hair with your finger tips to really get it in. Pile your hair into a bun and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then wash with a mild and natural shampoo.
- If your hair is very dry, leave the mask on longer. Better yet, wrap your hair in a towel or use a shower cap and leave the mask on for an hour or more, then rinse. Style as usual.
Dry shampoo powder for DARK hair
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 drops of essential oil (lavender to thicken, rosemary for oily, melaleuca for itchy scalp, cedarwood masculine scent or peppermint for refreshing)
Dry shampoo powder for LIGHT hair
- 1/4 cup (60g) arrowroot powder
- 1-2 (5-10g) teaspoon cocoa powder(you can omit this if you have very light or white hair)
- 5 drops of essential oil of choice
- Add arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, and essential oils to a bowl and mix well.
- Depending on the color of your hair will determine how much cocoa powder you will need.
- Start with less and add more until you reach the desired color.
- Transfer to an airtight container for storage.
Application – a little goes a long way. Best applied using a make up brush and applied to hair sections starting at the roots. Let sit for 3 mins before brushing. Style as normal.
- 8-ounce glass spray bottle
- 4 tablespoons (80g)arrowroot powder
- 4 tablespoons vodka
- 15-20 drops essential oils(e.g. rosemary, lavender, tea tree or cedarwood )
- Add the vodka, essential oils, and arrowroot powder into the spray bottle.
- Top it off with water.
Shake well before each use.