Know your Tools
When learning skills for a specific purpose:
- Invest in the quality or right tools necessary for the skill.
- Take time to learn your tools.
- Ask for help from those with the right tools and the know how.
- The quicker way to learn is to accept help from those that already have the tools and skill.
- Stop when you are tired and done. Otherwise you will mess it up right before you cross the finish line. Tomorrow is another day.
- Remove distractions and go deep into thought for a few hours at a time to reach your intellectual potential and come up with your best ideas.
Tools to support mental health:
- KNOW YOUR BOUNDARIES – U will know your boundaries when u start to feel uncomfortable in response to what you hear or see or experience. Your boundaries protect you so do no ignore them. Remove yourself from the situation or speak your mind even when it’s hard to say it. I’m not feeling comfortable with this situation or I disagree/question what you’re saying…if the person or people involved do not respect your feelings of discomfort & either stop or assist…never trust that person again and turn up your volume…get visibly upset and speak louder or just walk away if it’s safe to do so. Your boundaries are to be respected by all people in your life & who cross your path…no exceptions.
- MEDITATION – Wayne Dyer videos & meditations are useful. There are so many free meditation apps now for smart phones, you choose the one that suits you. It does not have to be a static gesture. It can also be a repetitive task such as sewing or knitting or a 1000-piece jigsaw. Yoga and meditation can be done together and again, yoga does not have to be confined to the mat. Check out Dr Marc Cohen for more information about the ways to incorporate yoga and meditation into daily life.
- AFFIRMATIONS AND MANTRAS – Say a Mantra over & over when your mind is overactive or giving you negative messages or anxious etc “I am pure perfect and complete”. Again there are many free phone apps that provide affirmations and mantras daily.
- CONTROL THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD – As soon as you catch yourself saying negative things in your mind…. find your voice of reason in your head and use it to argue against the negative doubting voice. Ask such questions like “is there actually any evidence that that’s true? Is that thought serving me? Is it true? Does it really matter in the scheme of life? Will I care about this in a few months time? I disagree…I am worthy of love like every human being…I am loveable powerful and confident. Everyone has insecurities. Is that a positive message? Don’t let your mind control you…you must control your mind. Your mind is not always right…in fact most times it’s not because it works on the conscious which holds all the things you learned from others on the way…good and bad. Don’t trust it always. If you are not happy remember that it is your responsibility ultimately because the choices you make have out you where you are now. So if it’s not making you happy, only you can change it & it’s only choices away to turn it around. No one else can be blamed for your unhappiness…you chose to have these people in your life.
- COUNSELLING – None of us were taught how to grieve or deal with addiction, time management, social interactions, confrontation, anger etc. One way to learn these coping skills is via a psychologist or counsellor. They guide you through and share with you their knowledge and teach you the skills, share their tools with you so that you can learn how to go through grief in a healthy way.
Crystals have been used for at least 6,000 years ago by many ancient civilizations — the Sumerians, Romans, Egyptians, Greeks, and Japanese, to name a few. They were used to promote healing, enlightenment, and fulfillment. Crystals have long since been believed to have metaphysical properties and to enhance psychic abilities.
Crystals are considered by many to be one of the building blocks of life, as they are made from two of the most common elements in the Earth, silicon and oxygen. Silicon conducts electricity very well, making them a valuable resource in the tech industry. The quartz crystal specifically is one of the most stable crystalline structures in existence, and is widely used in things like transistors, radios, telephones, and many advanced electronic systems, such as microchips.
Crystals and stones can be used in energy healing to help draw off negative energy and bring high vibrations to the space. Each stone has its own “talent” or specific purpose. To get the benefit out of the stone you need, you can simply keep it near your person. They are also used in jewellery and to decorate. Some people are able to feel the energy rocks put off or know their story and life. You never know how they are going to benefit your life until you try them.
HERE IS A LIST OF 10 BASIC STONES
Amethyst. Lavender or purple in colour, amethyst is fairly easy to find and is one of the most common crystals available. It is an extremely powerful and protective stone with a high vibration. Traditionally, it was used to protect against over-indulgence. Today it is used to clear your mind, to focus, and to make decisions.
Quartz. This crystal is clear and can be found virtually all over the world. Said to be the most powerful healing and energy amplifier on the entire planet, it absorbs, stores, releases, and regulates energy, and is excellent for unblocking energy as well. This stone will work at the specific vibrational frequency of the person who needs healing. It can cleanse and enhance the organs as well as the soul.
Rose Quartz. Rose quartz is said to be the stone of unconditional love and infinite peace. It is light pink in colour and, like amethyst, is one of the most common stones available and the most widely used. It is believed to attract love, and many people swear by putting it near their bed to attract relationships or enhance their current ones. This is also a great stone for working on self-love and can be excellent for healing and recovering from crisis.
Black Tourmaline. Black in colour, this stone protects against cell phone radiation and electromagnetic frequencies. It can also protect against negative energies and any spells or ill wishes against you. By connecting with the base chakra, it grounds these energies. This is great to keep on your person, and definitely near your cell phone or computer. And if you live near power lines or cell phone towers, a few larger ones in the corners of your house could be quite beneficial.
Citrine is often yellow but can also range from a brownish to smoky grey colour at times as well. Natural citrine, however, is quite rare, and heat-treated amethyst is often sold in its place. Natural citrine is created from the heat and pressure of the Earth, however, so there isn’t much difference. This stone carries the energy of the sun and is an amazing cleanser and regenerator. This stone does not need cleansing and energizes all aspects of life. It is great for chakra alignment and can activate and open the crown chakra.
Selenite is often pure white or slightly clear, but it can also be blue, brown, or green. It is quite easy to find. Selenite is an excellent stone for opening the third eye and crown chakras and can help you to connect to angelic consciousness and higher guidance through meditation. It has been said that each person holding a piece of this pure-vibration stone can enhance their telepathic capabilities.
Lapis Lazuli. Of a deep blue colour with little flecks of gold throughout, lapis lazuli opens the third eye chakra and balances the throat chakra. It can increase your intuition and other intuitive abilities. This stone is also a protective stone and is a key to spiritual development. It can assist with expressing your opinions but also resolving conflict.
Turquoise. As the name suggests, this stone is turquoise, of varying shades of blue and green, and it is easily found. Historically, turquoise was believed to change colour to warn of potential infidelity. Now it is known to promote spiritual attunement and enhance communication. Turquoise is great for your mental well-being and dissolves any thoughts of self-hatred or self-sabotage.
Fluorite. This stone can be clear or come in a variety of colours, such as blue, green, purple, yellow, or brown. It is a highly protective stone, especially on a psychic level. It can assist with discernment of outside influences that may be at work against you and can be extremely effective against harm from your computer or any electromagnetic stress. Fluorite can be especially beneficial when learning something new, as it organizes and processes information and increases concentration.
Carnelian. This stone is quite common and comes in red, orange, pink, and brown. This stone is most excellent for restoring vitality and motivation. It is a high-energy stone and can also assist with stimulating creativity. Traditionally, it was used to protect the deceased on their journey to the afterlife. It can be useful for overcoming abuse and for learning to trust yourself.
In addition to reversing the physical stress response in your body, deep breathing can also help calm and slow down the emotional turbulence in your mind. In fact, there are studies that show breathwork can help treat depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
Breathwork can help you reach a deeper state of mind. While in this state, you may be able to access buried emotions, grudges, and traumas, and ultimately release yourself from their grip on your mental state. Breathwork is often used to help those who have mental health issues and is seen as a way to calm and focus your mind.
Try this: Next time you practice breathwork, focus on your mind:
- Be aware of the thoughts in your head, but don’t attach to them.
- Feel what emotions come up.
- Notice your inner voice.
- Visualize the intention you set for your breathwork practices.