- 1/2 cup magnesium flakes
- 1/8 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 3 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Place the magnesium flakes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over the top of them. Stir until the flakes are dissolved. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter in a double boiler. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the lavender essential oil and magnesium to the melted coconut oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter.
- Whip the lotion using an immersion blender or a small hand mixer. Store in a glass mason jar with an airtight lid.
NB: a DIY double boiler can be made by placing a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Or to make clean up even easier you can place the ingredients straight into the jar that you are going to store it in and place the jar into a pot of simmering water to melt the ingredients. You can also use a crockpot to melt the ingredients.
Boosts immune system, sleep, digestion, depression, low blood pressure, inflammation, cramps and restless legs syndrome, morning sickness.
- 3 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil or any other carrier oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- 20 drops essential oils (reduce to 10 for children)
- Filtered or Distilled or Rose water (if needed)
- Add shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax into a glass bowl.
- Place the glass bowl over a pot of boiling water to melt all the ingredients.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. You don’t want it to cool long, as it will harden.
- Add the fractionated coconut oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oils to the glass bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients using an immersion blender. Add water if needed.
- Pour the lotion into a pumpable container.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pure aloe vera gel
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Double boiler
- Hand Mixer
- Add the coconut oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter to a double boiler. Melt over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool. It will harden slightly but shouldn’t be firm. This will take a few hours. You can put the bowl in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- Add in the aloe vera gel slowly while mixing with a hand mixer.
- Add in essential oil and continue to mix until aloe vera gel is completely mixed into the oils and wax.
- Store in an airtight container.