- 1 cup Borax
- 1/2 cup washing soda
- 1 laundry soap bar (Castile, Fels Naptha, Zote, Sunlight, Vetiver)
- 50 drops essential oils
- 18 litres water
- Add 10 litres of water to your bucket, stir in washing soda and borax.
- Shred soap bar with a cheese grater.
- Melt soap shreds in 1 cup of water over medium heat. Stir often.
- Add melted soap to a standard size bucket and stir well.
- Add essential oils of choice.
- Add remaining water
- Let sit overnight and then shake well.
NB: Shake well before each use. Funnel liquid into a large container. Use 1/4 cup per load.
Easy Fabric Softener
- 2 litres white vinegar
- 15 – 20 drops essential oil(citrus oils for a pick-me-up, peppermint for an invigorating minty scent or lavender for a relaxing scent or sensitive skin)
- Shake well before each use and add during the start of the rinse cycle.
- Use a ½ cup for small or average loads and ⅔ cup for large loads.
Front loading Washers
- Use ¼ cup for small or average loads and ⅓ cup for large loads.
- Cut some cotton cloth like old t shirts into small 5-inch squares. Add 3-5 drops of essential oil to your cloth and throw it into the dryer with your laundry. You can use these cotton dryer sheets for 2 or 3 loads, each time adding 3 more drops of your favourite essential oil. Wash the cloth after a few uses and experiment with a new fragrance.
Note: These homemade dryer sheets do not soften laundry they are mainly for adding scent and reducing static. To soften clothes, use a homemade fabric softener recipe.
- A ball of aluminium foil in the dryer does wonders for decreasing static! It turns into a nice smooth ball and can be left in the dryer for many loads.
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp castile soap
- 2 cups warm water
- 30 drops tea tree oil
- 20 drops orange oil
- Spray bottle 16 ounce
Carpet Cleaning Solution
You can make a homemade carpet cleaning solution if you are using a carpet cleaning machine.
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon castile soap
- 10 drops lavender essential oils (optional)
- warm water
- Add the ingredients (everything but the water) to the bottom of the carpet cleaner.
- Top off with warm water.
- Use as directed.
NOTES: It is always suggested to test a small area of carpet before doing a large area. I suggest doing this in a corner or in a closet, if possible.
- 1 drop castile liquid soap
- 1 drop peppermint oil
- Dollop coconut oil
- A dropper
Add these onto your toothbrush directly using a dropper and brush teeth as normal
Simple Hand Sanitiser Gel
- ¼ cup Aloe Vera gel
- 20 drops Essential oil
- Pump bottle
- Store it in a dark glass container.
- For essential oil, you may choose lavender, geranium, rosemary or tea-tree. They are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-microbial.
To make a spray version, don’t add aloe vera – just witch hazel, distilled water and essential oil.
Hand Sanitiser Gel
- 2/3 cup witch hazel(more gentle) or rubbing alcohol (60% or above)
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel(or Glycerin as a substitute)
- 15 drops Essential oils
- 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil (optional)
- Empty gel container
- Add all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Stir them together until everything is well combined.
- Using a small funnel, transfer the mixture into an empty container. You can save an old hand sanitizer gel container or buy empty ones on amazon.
Hand Sanitizer Spray
- 2 tablespoon witch hazel(more gentle) or rubbing alcohol (60% or above)
- 15 drops DoTerra On guard essential oil blend or 3 drops each of wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary.
- 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil (optional)
- 2-ounce glass spray bottle
- Add all the ingredients to the spray bottle.
- Top off with water.
- Shake well before each use.
- Spray on hands and rub together. Or spray on a surface and wipe.
Detoxifying Foot Bath Recipe
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil (fractionated coconut, sweet almond, olive, grapeseed or jojoba oil)
- 10-15 drops essential oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into 2 gallons of warm water.
You can soak feet in the bathtub or by using a small tub or container just large enough for your feet. Fill the tub with very warm water and add 1/2 cup of detoxifying foot bath to the water. Stir to mix. Soak feet for 20-30 minutes, pat dry and apply moisturiser.